what we do
Whatever financial decisions you have to make, the first step towards making the right decisions is to establish a clear understanding of your financial needs.
People seek financial advice for many different reasons so it’s important that we understand exactly who you are and what you want to achieve. At our first meeting we’ll gather information about you to help define your needs and priorities.
Our services include:
- Financial planning: It’s important to identify what you might want to achieve and how you can do this. We can help you to identify your goals and create a plan for your finances to help you achieve them.
- Retirement planning: It’s important to know whether the money you are saving towards retirement will provide you with sufficient funds to meet your retirement objectives. We can work with you to proactively plan for your retirement and help you decide on the options available once at retirement.
- Protection planning: Most of us want to protect the things that are important to us, our family, business and quality of life. Protection planning can help to provide peace of mind in the event of your income changing due to unexpected events. We can help you plan for the best way to protect you, your family or your business.
We’ll only start work once we have agreed our services and charges with you. We’ll give you a copy of our Client Agreement which will set out the services we have agreed to provide and confirm how much this will cost.
We offer independent investment advice. This means that we consider a wide range of financial strategies and products. We are constantly reviewing the market to ensure that the services and products we offer are appropriate for our clients.
Where we recommend particular investment strategies and products to you, these will be selected based on your personal circumstances, financial goals and objectives. We’ll consider a number of factors, including the services you need, the cost of investing, how much risk you are prepared to accept in an investment product and how much of a drop in its value you could withstand.
The areas we can advise on include:
- Life assurance
- Investment bonds
- Phased retirement & income drawdown
- Term assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Income protection
- Unit trusts
- Open ended investment companies
- Structured deposits
- Investment trusts
- Structured products
- Enterprise investment schemes
- Venture capital trusts
We don’t provide advice in relation to individual share holdings. If this is something you need assistance with, we can refer you to a stockbroker.
We don’t provide advice on options, futures and other derivative contracts as we believe that these are unlikely to be suitable for our clients
Where we provide protection planning services we are an insurance intermediary and will provide advice which is based on a fair and personal analysis of the market.